MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE
Full Time Role
Working in a dynamic retail environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing an inspiring, engaging and brand-building social media content plan across multiple channels and an annual Marketing plan for the business. You will play a very important role in growing the 53 Degrees North presence online and building on the community of online followers. The candidate we are looking for is a digital native who enjoys working in a fast paced, results driven, team environment, where optimal customer experience is valued highly. The role also involves a solid understanding and experience with traditional marketing such as radio, print and outdoor advertising. The annual Marketing calendar involves a mix of both digital and traditional communications. You will work closely with the General Manager to ensure all Marketing communications and strategies are in line with 53 Degrees North’s core values and business objectives.
Your main duties will involve:
- Planning, management, and delivery of an engaging social media content plan to grow our online community which drives reach, engagement and shareability. Keeping up to date and communicating with our buying and operations teams to keep all communications relevant to the company calendar and key selling periods.
- You will be responsible for campaign ideation and creation, social media calendar creation and management, community management, replying to customer emails, quality control and reporting on all marketing activity.
- Responsible for the creation of regular Email campaigns to keep customers up to date with various promotions and product launches etc.
- Understanding and utilising Brand Voice: Keeping brand communications consistent across all online platforms and in the physical stores, through visuals and tone of voice. Adhering to brand guidelines (use of logo, imagery etc) for 53 Degrees North and the brands we sell.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key suppliers such as printers, p.r companies, radio contacts etc. and other stakeholders such as brand marketing managers.
- Meeting with Brand Managers to plan Marketing activities and launches online and in store.
- Providing the E-Commerce manager with graphics and digital banners for the 53 Degrees North website and Google Display ads when needed.
- Supporting the E-Commerce manager with the new season product uploads using Microsoft Excel.
- Budget management.
- Planning and management of in store window display. Working closely with brands to create an annual window display calendar and working with printers to design and implement the displays.
- Supporting in-store promotions by providing graphics for display in the form of posters using brand logos and imagery as necessary.
- Advertising – working with radio stations to secure radio ads for key selling periods such as sales. Building relationships with Radio Account Managers, working on the radio script and booking in the ads.
- Advertising -working with printers and advertising agencies to create out of home campaigns and printed material for various promotions and launches.
- Events – planning, management and promotion of in-store customer events, brand ambassador evenings and customer hikes. Representing 53 Degrees North at trade shows and various events as required.
Key Skills Required:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Customer Experience
- Social Media Strategy
- Business Acumen
- Analytical Skills
- Budget Management
- Campaign Analytics
- Understanding of Retail
- Staff discount
- Free parking
- Flexible hours and working locations with potential to work from home on allocated days.
- The successful candidate will be provided with a company phone and laptop to complete their work.
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday per annum