MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE
Full Time Role
Working in a dynamic retail environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing an inspiring, and brand-building annual Marketing Plan across multiple channels and an engaging social media calendar. You will play an important role in growing the 53 Degrees North brand throughout Ireland as well as developing our presence online, building on our community of online followers.
The candidate we are looking for is a creative, digital native who enjoys working in a fast-paced, result-driven, team environment, where optimal customer experience is valued highly. The role also involves a solid understanding and experience with traditional marketing such as radio, print and outdoor advertising. The annual Marketing calendar involves a mix of both digital and traditional communications.
You will work closely with the General Manager to ensure all Marketing communications and strategies are in line with 53 Degrees North’s core values and business objectives.
Your main duties will involve:
- Create and execute a comprehensive marketing plan to include traditional and digital campaigns, social media content planning, email, print materials, advertising, in store updates and promotions, events, planning sales, brand launches, seasonal promotions and report on all such activity.
- Planning, management, and delivery of an engaging social media calendar and content plan to grow our online community which drives reach, engagement and shareability. Keeping up to date and communicating with our buying and operations teams to keep all communications relevant to the company calendar and key selling periods.
- Community Management: As our brand guardian you are responsible for leading the way in customer care. Duties include responding to queries through social media replying to customer emails and quality control.
- Brand Management: Understanding and utilising Brand Voice. Keeping brand communications consistent across all online platforms and in the physical stores, through visuals and tone of voice. Adhering to brand guidelines (use of logo, imagery etc) for 53 Degrees North and the brands we sell.
- Senior Stakeholder Engagement: Building and maintaining relationships with key brands and partners. Planning and implementing joint campaigns, events, and promotions. Identifying potential partner and sponsorship opportunities. Building and maintaining relationships with key suppliers such as printers, P.R. agencies, radio contacts etc.
- Digital Marketing: Support the E-Commerce manager with graphics and digital banners for the 53 Degrees North website and Google Display ads when needed. Responsible for the creation of regular Email campaigns to keep customers up to date with various promotions and product launches etc Supporting the E-Commerce manager with the new season product uploads using Microsoft Excel.
- Campaign Planning: Working with external agencies (radio, P.R., Printers, OOH) to secure premium ad space for key selling periods such as sales. Building relationships with Account Managers, and working with them to develop campaign plan, copy, design etc. Working with printers and advertising agencies to create out of home campaigns and printed material for various promotions and launches.
- Budget management.
- Planning and management of in store window display. Working closely with brands to create an annual window display calendar and working with printers to design and implement the displays.
- Events: Planning, management and promotion of in-store customer events, sponsored events, brand ambassador evenings and customer hikes. Representing 53 Degrees North at trade shows and various events as required.
- 3-5 years Marketing experience
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Excellent understanding of B2C social media and digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Campaign Analytics and Reporting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Other skills: E-commerce, Customer Experience, Social Media Strategy, Business Acumen, Analytical Skills, Reporting.
- Love of the outdoors/sports and understanding of retail environment advantageous but not essential
- Staff discount
- Free parking
- Flexible hours and working locations with potential to work from home on allocated days.
- The successful candidate will be provided with a company phone and laptop to complete their work.
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday per annum