Lightweight performance ice axe for glacier travel, with a meticulous design and finish. The GLACIER ice axe offers very good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice, thanks to its very high quality steel pick, guaranteeing both solid bite and durability. It also has an anodised aluminum shaft with a machined handle for excellent grip.
- Lightness and comfort:
- the upper part of the pick offers excellent grip (comfortable supporting surface)
- the pick and the shaft are lighter, yet extremely robust
- Very good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice, thanks to:
- the profile of the pick, for sure and stable anchoring
- the toothed steel pick, thinner and durable at the tip
- the stainless steel spike, for very good penetration in hard snow
- High strength and practical aspects:
- high-quality steel pick (identical to picks of technical ice axes)
- very strong steel adze with with an edge designed for efficient cutting of steps
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, used in aeronautics), with anodised finish for excellent rust protection
- handle cut into the shaft provides better grip when used for technical ice climbing
* Prices reflect the colour and size selected, as a default the lowest price is shown and therefore may change as these options are selected.