- Lightweight ice axe, but with enough weight in the head for good anchoring power
- Shaft ergonomics:
- the upper part of the shaft is curved to offer good clearance when climbing
- the lower part is straighter and guarantees efficient penetration in snow
- Pick and adze in hot-forged steel, ensuring solid anchoring:
- pick is thin and toothed at the tip, ensuring good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice
- pick is thicker in the middle to favor anchoring in soft snow
- teeth on upper part of pick strengthen the hold on the ice axe in piolet-rampe mode
- durable spike in stainless steel for very good penetration in hard snow and in piolet-canne mode
- High strength and practical aspects:
- very durable steel adze offers a comfortable support surface, and the design of the edges allows stairs to be carved efficiently
- tilted adze directs the axe correctly into the snow (piolet-canne usage)
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent protection
-handle is cut into the adze to create a better grip
- Ice axe compatible with LINKIN leash
Shipping is free on all orders over €100 to addresses in the Republic of Ireland. For any order under this amount a shipping charge of €5 will be applied.
Scooters and overweight products will incur a shipping and handling charge of €20.
Orders may take up to 2 – 3 working days to process then shipped and delivered the next working day.
53 Degrees North is committed to providing products of value and quality, and we do this with a commitment of satisfaction guaranteed.
In the event that you are not satisfied, and you wish to return a product, you may do so within 30 days of delivery date to us and we will refund you in full via the original payment method used (if possible) or exchange your item for another size or another item
For more information regarding our delivery and returns policy please visit 53 Degrees North - Customer Service